пʼятниця, 20 жовтня 2017 р.

Mixed Tenses



1. I usually  (go) to school by bus.
2. Yesterday morning I  (get) up at 6.30.
3. We needed some money so we  (sell) our car.
4. "  she ever  (be) to Spain?"
5. "What  Peter  (do) now?"
6. Please don't make so much noise. I  (study) for my online degree. 
7. Water  (boil) at 100 degrees Celsius.
8. Carol often  (learn) with her father.
9. Now Ron  (phone) Jill again. It  (be) the third time he  (phone) her this evening. 
10. It  (rain) now. It  (begin) raining two hours ago. So it  (rain) for two hours.
11.  you  (hear) anything from Tom since Christmas?
12. "  it  (rain)?" she always  (ask) me.
13. "  you  (go) out last night?"
14. New York  (be) one of the largest cities of the world.
15. This house  (cost) 35,000 pounds in 1980.


Fill in the correct tenses. Use the verb in brackets:
1.  John ever  (win) a prize at a race?
2. I  (fall) asleep yesterday when I  (watch) TV.
3. George  never  (be) to Canada.
4. Tom is not back to England. He  (be) to Italy for three weeks.
5. We  (do) a lot last Sunday.
6. I sometimes  (go) to the cinema.
7. Nick  (work) hard yesterday. 
8. I  (not find) my ring yet which I  (lose) at the party yesterday.
9. They  (build) this castle in 1762.
10. Do you like to have something to eat? No, thank you. I  (just have) dinner.
11. While Tom  (play) tennis, Ann  (take) a shower.
12. I  not  (see) his dog since yesterday morning.
13. Mike  (play) on his notebook now. How long  he (play)?
14. "  you  (speak) English?" she was asked.
15. When they  (work) in the garden, the phone  (ring).


Complete the sentences with the correct tense:
1. When he  (arrive), we  (have) dinner.
2.  he  (already arrive) in Los Angeles?
3. I  (not see) him for two days.
4. Father  (smoke) his pipe while mother  (prepare) the tea.
5. She  (already do) the washing up.
6. Look! It  (snow) now.
7. She  (have) a motorcycle accident last winter.
8. Last night I  (read) a book when suddenly I  (hear) a scream.
9. Carol  (already start) her new job.
10. Last week my rabbit  (run) away, and I  (not find) it yet.
11. The teacher  (write) sentences on the board while the children (fill) the words in the text.
12. Water  (boil) at 100 degrees Celsius.
13. What  Peter  (do) at the moment. He  (have) a bath.
14. I  (go) to the theatre yesterday evening.


Use the verbs in brackets to complete the sentences. Use the correct tense:
1. When I  (look) out of the window, I  (see) John.
2.  you ever  (play) the piano since you left school?
3. I  (not see) him for two days.
4. When he  (try) to open the door, he  (drop) his key.
5. They  (live) in this house since 1987.
6. My father  (wash) his car while my mother and I (prepare) dinner.
7.  you  (meet) her yesterday?
8. Mary  (be) in London for three days.
9. The headmaster  (enter) the classroom when they  (write) their exams.
10. He  (buy) a new car last week.
11. I think that they  (arrive) tomorrow morning.
12. Last Wednesday they  (play) chess after they (do) their homework.


Find out the correct tense and write it into the gaps:
1. Tim and Carol  (be) late yesterday.
2. When he  (arrive), we  (have) dinner.
3. While they  (play) tennis, we  (take) our dog for a walk.
4. When I  (get) up, he  (sit) in the garden and  (read) a book.
5. I  (never be) to India.
6. I'm not sure if we  (visit) her tomorrow. 
7. No, I don't want to eat anything because I  (just have) lunch.
8. She  (sleep) well last night.
9. Look! Susan  (swim) in the pool.
10. When he  (walk) down the street, he  (see) Jill.
11. She always  (take) a shower in the morning.
12. After we  (take) some photos of the cathedral, we  (go) to the next restaurant to have dinner.
13. They  (meet) my brother an hour ago.
14. This is the most beautiful painting I  (ever see).
15. They  (tell) us that it  (rain) the next days.

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар