субота, 14 жовтня 2017 р.

Fairy tales




The Little Round Bun

Once there lived an old man and old woman. The old man said, "Old woman, make me a bun." "What can I make it from? I have no flour." "Eh, eh, old woman! Scrape the cupboard, sweep the flour bin, and you will find enough flour. "The old woman picked up a duster, scraped the cupboard, swept the flour bin and gathered about two handfuls of flour. She mixed the dough with sour cream, fried it in butter, and put the bun on the window sill to cool. The bun lay and lay there. Suddenly it rolled off the window sill to the bench, from the bench to the floor, from the floor to the door. Then it rolled over the threshold to the entrance hall, from the entrance hall to the porch, from the porch to the courtyard, from the courtyard trough the gate and on and on.

The bun rolled along the road and met a hare. "Little bun, little bun, I will eat you up!" said the hare. "Don't eat me, slant-eyed hare! I will sing you a song," said the bun, and sang: I was scraped from the cupboard, Swept from the bin, Kneaded with sour cream, Fried in butter, and cooled on the sill. I got away from Grandpa, I got away from Grandma. And I'll get away from you, hare! And the bun rolled away before the hare even.
The bun rolled on and met a wolf. "Little bun, little bun, I will eat you up," said the wolf. "Don't eat me, gray wolf!" said the bun. "I will sing you a song." And the bun sang: I was scraped from the cupboard, Swept from the bin, Kneaded with sour cream, Fried in butter, And cooled on the sill. I got away from Grandpa, I got away from Grandma I got away from the hare, And I'll get away from you, gray wolf! And the bun rolled away before the wolf even saw it move! 
The bun rolled on and met a bear. "Little bun, little bun, I will eat you up," the bear said. "You will not, pigeon toes!" And the bun sang: I was scraped from the cupboard, Swept from the bin, Kneaded with sour cream, Fried in butter, And cooled on the sill. I got away from Grandpa, I got away from Grandma I got away from the hare, I got away from the wolf, And I'll get away from you, big bear! And again the bun rolled away before the bear even saw it move! 
The bun rolled and rolled and met a fox. "Hello, little bun, how nice your are!" said the fox. And the bun sang: I was scraped from the cupboard, Swept from the bin, Kneaded with sour cream, Fried in butter, And cooled on the sill. I got away from Grandpa, I got away from Grandma, I got away from the hare, I got away from the wolf, I got away from bear, And I'll get away from you, old fox! 
"What a wonderful song!" said the fox. "But little bun, I have became old now and hard of hearing. Come sit on my snout and sing your song again a little louder." The bun jumped up on the fox's snout and sang the same song. "Thank you, little bun, that was a wonderful song. I'd like to hear it again. Come sit on my tongue and sing it for the last time, "said the fox, sticking out her tongue. The bun foolishly jumped onto her tongue and- snatch! - she ate it. 



Little Red Riding Hood

One day, Little Red Riding Hood’s mother said to her, “Take this basket of goodies to your grandma’s cottage, but don’t talk to strangers on the way!” Promising not to, Little Red Riding Hood skipped off. On her way she met the Big Bad Wolf who asked, “Where are you going, little girl?” “To my grandma’s, Mr. Wolf!” she answered.
The Big Bad Wolf then ran to her grandmother’s cottage much before Little Red Riding Hood, and knocked on the door. When Grandma opened the door, he locked her up in the cupboard. The wicked wolf then wore Grandma’s clothes and lay on her bed, waiting for Little Red Riding Hood.
When Little Red Riding Hood reached the cottage, she entered and went to Grandma’s bedside. “My! What big eyes you have, Grandma!” she said in surprise. “All the better to see you with, my dear!” replied the wolf. “My! What big ears you have, Grandma!” said Little Red Riding Hood. “All the better to hear you with, my dear!” said the wolf. “What big teeth you have, Grandma!” said Little Red Riding Hood. “All the better to eat you with!” growled the wolf pouncing on her. Little Red Riding Hood screamed and the woodcutters in the forest came running to the cottage. They beat the Big Bad Wolf and rescued Grandma from the cupboard. Grandma hugged Little Red Riding Hood with joy. The Big Bad Wolf ran away never to be seen again. Little Red Riding Hood had learnt her lesson and never spoke to strangers ever again.


“Tree Little Piglets”

Once upon a time there were three little pigs. One pig built a house of straw while the second pig built his house with sticks. They built their houses very quickly and then sang and danced all day because they were lazy. The third little pig worked hard all day and built his house with bricks.
A big bad wolf saw the two little pigs while they danced and played and thought, “What juicy tender meals they will make!” He chased the two pigs and they ran and hid in their houses. The big bad wolf went to the first house and huffed and puffed and blew the house down in minutes. The frightened little pig ran to the second pig’s house that was made of sticks. The big bad wolf now came to this house and huffed and puffed and blew the house down in hardly any time. Now, the two little pigs were terrified and ran to the third pig’s house that was made of bricks.
The big bad wolf tried to huff and puff and blow the house down, but he could not. He kept trying for hours but the house was very strong and the little pigs were safe inside. He tried to enter through the chimney but the third little pig boiled a big pot of water and kept it below the chimney. The wolf fell into it and died.
The two little pigs now felt sorry for having been so lazy. They too built their houses with bricks and lived happily ever after.

“Puss in boots”
Once upon a time there was a poor miller who had three sons.
When the miller died, the first two sons greedily took everything and left the house. They only left behind the cat for the third son. The son was very sad. He loved his father the most and wept for him and said, “I have nothing but this cat! I will eat him and then soon, I shall die too!” Hearing this, the cat said, “Master, please give me a bag full of carrots and grain and see what great wonders I can do! Please give me a coat and your boots, too!” The miller’s son gave the cat all that he asked for.
Puss in Boots now set off for the jungle. He laid a trap with carrots in it and caught a rabbit. Puss in Boots also caught a couple of partridges with the grain his master had given him. Puss in Boots then went to meet the king. He presented the partridges and rabbit to the king and said, “Your Majesty! These are gifts from my master, the Marquis of Carabas!” The king was very pleased with the gifts.
On his way back home, Puss in Boots passed by some fields where harvesters were working in the sun. He commanded them, “If anyone asks you whom this field belongs to, you must reply that it belongs to the Marquis of Carabas! If you do not agree, I will get the ogre to eat you all up!” The workers were frightened of the ogre and agreed to do so.
When Puss in Boots reached home, he told his master, “Master, you will be meeting the king soon! Do as I say. Go to the river nearby and have a bath!” The man did as his cat told him to. He took off his clothes and jumped into the river. Puss in Boots immediately took all the clothes and hid behind a rock nearby. When king’s carriage passed by, the cat went up to the king and said, “Your Majesty! My master is drowning! Some thugs robbed him of his fine clothes and pushed him into this river! Please save him!” The king, on hearing this, commanded his servants, “Save the Marquis of Carabas and give him the finest clothes to wear!” They did as he told them. The cat and his master were very happy. Now, when the carriage went past the fields, the king stopped by and asked the workers, “To whom do these fields belong?” They replied, “The Marquis of Carabas, Your Majesty!” The king was very pleased to hear this.
Puss in Boots, in the meantime, ran ahead of the king’s carriage. He went to the castle nearby. There lived a ferocious ogre. The cat said to him, I have heard of your mighty powers! I have heard you can become anything you want to!” The ogre laughed and decided to show Puss in Boots all his powers. He replied, “Of course!” and instantly turned into a lion. Then the ogre became a monkey and finally became his real self. Now, the clever cat challenged, “I am sure you cannot become one of the tiniest creatures in the world! You can never become a mouse!” The ogre was enraged and said, “Watch this!” Saying this, he turned into a tiny mouse. Puss in Boots quickly pounced on him and ate him up!
When the king and the miller’s son reached the castle, the cat said. “Welcome, Your Majesty! This is the castle of the Marquis of Carabas!” Hearing this, the king was very pleased. He asked the miller’s son to marry his youngest and loveliest daughter. The miller’s son knew that the king’s daughter was very beautiful and agreed. Soon, they were married and lived happily ever after in the castle.


Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар